Heard in the conference theatre at Breakbulk Asia 2019
There are six imperatives for breakbulk shipping, according to a McKinsey & Co. presentation at 2019 Breakbulk Asia Wednesday.
• Growth in good trade will continue, but slower.
• Specialization benefits movements of high-tech, out-of-gauge cargoes.
• Regional trades will grow much faster.
• There will be a pivot to Asia: growth and ownership.
• The need for a flexible and agile fleet.
• Digital remains critical to internal efficiency and work with customers.
Steve Saxon, partner, and Jeongmin Seong, senior fellow, presented on the McKinsey Global Institute recent report, “Globalization in Transition: The Future of Trade and Value Chains.”
SEE MORE FROM STEVEN SAXON AND JEONGMIN SEONG